Friday 28 October 2016

Aim of this Blog

Image courtesy of Stuart Miles at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
It has been a long time I made this blog, but I did not take seriously to write on it. Now, I start again writing in English. I have built my blog www.menginspirasi.com for 4 years, the blog is written in Bahasa Indonesia.

Today, I learn TOEFL to prepare myself taking the master scholarship in England or the USA. I have many advises to writing English. I am going to write English every day to increase my English skill.

I do not speak English every day, I am pushing myself to read books, news, and article in English every day. I am learning TOEFL book and the Fundamental of English Grammar by Azar and Hagen, I have all the three version of Azar's books. The last one is Understanding and Using English Grammar for advanced.

After making sure that I passed the Basic English Grammar. Directly learning the advanced level, I stop to learn some part of Understanding and Using English Grammar book (Advanced level), cause my foundation in the content a bit difficult for me. Now, I am learning the Intermediate level, Fundamental of English Grammar the fourth edition. I recommend this book for everyone who wants to increase their English.

Watching a movie in English is a good way to increase our English as well. I watch a movie with the English subtitle, and sometimes without subtitle. Yesterday, I watched "Lost Wilderness," I was happy that I can understand the actor's communication.

Youtube has many good videos to learn English. I often learn Engvid.com video on Youtube. Ronnie and Adam are my favorite teacher. Ronnie mixes the study with humor, I laugh about it, and I get what Adam teaching.

I communicate in English with foreigner friends and not intensive with close friends.

I wrote my mini-thesis in Bahasa Indonesia, but the journal article source mainly in English, and some articles in Bahasa. I remembered to understand the English article, for the unknown word, I translate it to Bahasa Indonesia. It is not good, the good way by translate into English-English. I already change the way to understand the new word for me by English-English translation.

Those are my journey to get a scholarship, and I am going to write in English every day on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment